Now displaying: July, 2018
Jul 6, 2018
Listen or keep reading…
Lead Generation I want to make a clear distinction here in that lead generation is not traffic sources although you want to track what traffic sources bring in the most leads (email signups). The lead generation part is from the point your visitor gets onto your list.
Why the visitor is not lead generation before they are on your list
- You may want to try one or more traffic source and track what traffic gets the most people onto your list which may be free traffic or paid traffic and be very changeable as you drop and change sources. At this point, they still need to know like and trust you (this comes later) but you're just getting them onto your list for now. So track source to email signup. For this, I use Google Analytics.
- Many users may just be freebie seekers and sign up for your free gift and have no further interest. [vertical_spacing height="15"]
- Maybe a competitor or someone analysing your signup process. Don’t be alarmed as someone trying to copy your style is not you and their inconsistency will show which is another reason to be yourself when you email.
What lead generation is
- The ability to tell a story in a three-part narrative Start, Middle and End with a call to action to build trust with your email list so they feel like they know like and trust you. Obviously, each email is a true story that happened to you or an experience your client had. Here is a short example of my story which I talk about in one of my emails.
The above bullet points are my true story which you may have had a similar experience with your clients and when you talk about positive results with your experiences over email and blogs, your credibility with your email readers grows which builds trust and likability and improves your chances of doing business.
- Start - I built an email list within 5 days of 683 people and sold 43 products[vertical_spacing height="15"]
- Middle - and told my work I did two training courses on email marketing and got the above results.[vertical_spacing height="15"]
- End - My work said my process would not work for them which left me speechless and I started this blog and held nothing back to help others experience my success and to get testimonials to prove my success can be duplicated for many businesses.[vertical_spacing height="15"]
- Call to action - Join my free Facebook group where I answer all questions so you can see the same results.
Now you know what Lead Generation is. How do you set one up? The key is to have an automated system that does the following
- Score an email subscriber when you send an email and they read the email and click the link in the email to learn more which takes them to a blog = 10 points.[vertical_spacing height="15"]
- Tag the email subscriber where they clicked a link to visit a blog with the blog title or id so you can group interests together for a trigger to fire. More on triggers next.[vertical_spacing height="15"]
- Set up triggers that send an email inviting your email reader to a sales video or page if the user score hits 50 points as 4 or 5 pages of content should be enough to let an email reader see you are knowledgeable in your niche and let your email reader decide if they know like and trust you and now see your offer and should have warmed to you and be more likely to buy your product or service.[vertical_spacing height="15"]
- Send an email tip daily for the first 5 days when the user joins your email list as they are most responsive. Then weekly, if after 6 or 8 weeks an email user does not open an email reset their score to zero as it means the last 6 or 8 weeks have not been of interest or your email reader. Or your email reader is not at a place to buy and you could look at the tags to see what blogs they looked at and send out a personal email offering help or free consultation.[vertical_spacing height="15"]
- If after 6 months the email readers do not open any emails remove them from your email list as they are not a good fit for your product or service.[vertical_spacing height="15"]
- Boom - you have an automated lead generation system where you just send traffic to. Ok, there is a bit more to it as you need to monitor the effectiveness of each automated email and fix where needed. This becomes more of a housekeeping process where split test the weakest email and split test to improve conversions. That's for another blog.
The services that work for this blog are ActiveCampaign and Mautic.
This is not an extensive list of low-cost products that do tagging and lead scoring, it’s two products I have used and tested thoroughly. If you have a product to recommend please click the Facebook link and share it in the post. Got a question? Ask it in the Facebook Group. This link will take you to the correct Facebook post where I answer all question, so don’t struggle.
- While Mautic is my prefered choice, it’s not for everyone as you need to self-host which may be an easy or nightmare learning curve depending on your experience.[vertical_spacing height="15"]
- If you chose ActiveCampaign. Select the Plus option for lead scoring.[vertical_spacing height="15"]
Jul 4, 2018
Listen or keep reading…
Email Nurture Sequence How can you nurture your email list if you don't separate them by interest? In this blog, we are going to discuss weekly emails and tagging to build an effective email nurture sequence. It's not as hard as you think but it does take planning. Let’s begin. Firstly, are you nurturing a client after a sale as you have more products or services that would benefit them in the future? Not that it matters as the nurturing process is done the same way for new people who have joined your email list and existing people on your list and interests grouped by action tags e.g. You need to be sending a weekly email (I send emails every 5 days) at a minimum to keep your product or service fresh in your email readers mind. So the question now becomes.
How can you email out your readers once a week and not annoy them? Simple. You email out problem solution subject lines in your niche and tag the email readers who open the learn more link at the bottom of the email as an interest. The reason we DON’T tag an opened email as an interest is because many email clients now load images automatically which would tag email list readers by interest incorrectly. Let's look at some email subjects that an email reader may find interesting that use the problem solution format Here’s a couple of examples from copyblogger.com:-
- The Secret of Successful Podcasting
- Here is a Method That is Helping Children Learn to Read Sooner
- Little Known Ways to Save on Your Heating Bill
- Little Known Ways to Lose Weight Quickly and Safely
Those headlines aren't pushy or salesy That's because you are giving helpful advice and here’s the clever bit, you only give an overview with a call to action link to learn more at the end of the email. The “Learn More” link in the email can go to a blog, sales letter or sales video. While there is a mix of people who tell you to send visitors from your email to a blog, and others say send your email visitors to a sales letter. There are a number of factors to consider for your personal niche and experience e.g.
Personally, I like to send three emails giving tips, then send an email to a members area I offer, for you it’s best to test what works best, you can use my process as a starting point. Got a question? Ask it in the Facebook Group. This link will take you to the correct Facebook post where I answer all question, so don’t struggle.
- If you write an email that totally leaves your reader wanting more, then put a link to a sales page/video and test conversions.
- Depending what stage your email reader is at depends whether they want your product or service right now or just like to read about it and they are putting a plan together for later in the month/year.
Jul 3, 2018
Listen or keep reading…
Professional Email Example If you are looking for an email template to send out to hook a client meeting or sale. It’s time to get real. The process has changed. How many meetings did you book from cold emails this morning? Zero! There is a process which I’m about to share and an email structure to go with it. But first, let's look at what types of professional emails you may be looking for:-
Professional Email Types
- Professional Introduction
- Business Introduction
- Professional Thank-You Email
Professional Introduction Let's look at how the traditional email is laid out then look at how companies get new clients like you.
This method used to work well and sadly now the conversion rate is as low as 0.01% and falling each year.
- You start by introducing your organization.
- You write what your company specialise in.
- You state how long you have been in business for.
- You mention big clients as a testimonial for your business.
- You drop a link to a web page with a contact form.
How Companies Find Client
- They jump online and do a search for companies or see an advert for companies who offer the service or product they need or want that looks interesting and click it.
- If they like the website, testimonials, video intros etc. The make contact.
How To Make Your Company Stand Out With Email
- Write down the benefit your company offers, let's say you were a cleaning company, it may go something like this.
- Cleaning company where all staff are trained in cross-contamination control and product usage safety
- Change your benefit to how your benefit saves a company time or money.
- Cleaning Can Reduce Absenteeism In The Workplace
- How chemicals in the office may be a hazard to employee health
- How cleaning improves our bottom line
- We are wired to love stories. so use this to tell a real story and a story as a three-part narrative, beginning a middle and an end. Start your story with the impact to keep attention from the headline.
- A study of 384 offices revealed a quarter of the office soap dispensers are contaminated with faecal bacteria. It is estimated that only 5% of people know how to wash their hands properly.Think that's scary?According to public health organisation NSF International, the interior tap of a water machine gathers an astonishing 2.7 million germs per square inch.And it gets worse!Courtesy of hair fibres, sweat and earwax, headsets are a breeding ground for bacteria which can spread skin infections and even lice!This is just three of the common eight major cause of staff sickness.To see the other five click to visit my YouTube video.
What you have done here is:-
- Send out an email subject that gets the interest of the company individual reading it.
- Told a story that got reader interest.
- Create a YouTube video on your phone and post it as unpublished so only people who get your email will see your video. By moving your email reader from their email to your YouTube video, they now get to see your personality and the other five points to make up their mind if they trust you and want to work with you.
Got a question? Ask it in the Facebook Group. This link will take you to the correct Facebook post where I answer all question. So don’t struggle.
- At the end of the YouTube video say “If you would like to have a chat, call (your number) or click the link in the description” which goes to a call back request form on your website.